Partnership Is Not Just About Giving Money – Pastor Lanre Alabi
The Partners Conference kicked off expectedly with scriptural pomp pageantry as delegates were taken through various inspiring and revealing teachings from different pastors that ministered. Speaking on the importance of partnership with the work of the Ministry, and the need for proper understanding of what partnership is and is not, Pastor Lanre Alabi, Zonal Director, Christ Embassy Lagos Zone 1, and also the Director of Programms in the Ministry took time to dissect the above subject.
He detailed out what it means to be an effective, full and active partner in the Ministry. He explained that partnership is not just about giving money and that there’s a commitment of oneself to the cause. Many people get discouraged when they have not given money and in that mindset, they also fail to give in other vital areas towards the growth of the Ministry.
He read from 2 Corinthians 8:5 which says “And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God”.
According to him, there are various types of partnership which includes
(1) Giving Money,
(2) Giving in kind – materials,
(3) Strategic prayers and prophecies – Colossians 4:3 (forcing doors open by prayer. Prophecy – Ezra 1:1-8: 2 Thessalonians 3:1)
(4) Giving your time to the service in the Ministry – Philippians 2:30
(5) Giving your influence – Esther 4:13-14,
(6) Giving your devotion – Your commitment
(7) Partnership Evangelism – raising others like you. All these are parts of partnership which we should endeavour to be part of in fulfillment of our calling as workers in the vineyard.
Pastor Lanre concluded with a powerful statement “Any advantage that God gives you, use it first for the gospel”.
By Michael Ogbaa